Seven Last Minute Super Bowl Recipes to Save the Day
Picture this: The host of the annual Super Bowl party is sick. The big game is only a few days away, so you volunteer as host at the last minute. You’re busy the rest of the week and don’t have time to throw an elaborate party. I see me being super stressed over this super party. How do you “C.U.” thinking fast to save the day?
These easy, inexpensive, last-minute recipes might help:
1. Cheesy Rotel Dip: This is a classic: a brick of Velveeta, a can of Rotel and a crockpot. Voila! Give it an hour or so on low, and you’ve got a pot of tasty, cheesy goodness.
2. Sweet Chicken Wings: Why not put a new twist on a Super Bowl favorite? Sure, there are those guests who love chicken wings that make them cry, but these are sure to please everyone.
Get the recipe here.
3. Brown Sugar Smokies: Lil Smokies, brown sugar AND bacon? In my humble opinion, this recipe is not featured at enough parties. Don’t let your friends miss out on this fantastic treat.
Snag the snack here.
4. Pepperoni Roll-Ups: Sure, you could buy pizza rolls, but what’s the fun in that? To get a fun, authentic treat that everyone is sure to enjoy, grab some crescent rolls, string cheese and pepperoni from your local grocer. Prep-time takes 5-10 minutes depending on quantity.
You can find the recipe here. (Side note: Lately, my local grocery store has been selling local cheese for way cheaper than big brands.)
5. Taco In A Bag: This is an excellent alternative to traditional nachos or tacos...and it’s fun, too! Grab a Doritos snack pack, lettuce, ground beef and other traditional toppings, and you’re good to go!
Full details here.
6. Homemade soft pretzels: Chances are you have most of the ingredients needed to make your own soft pretzels, minus the active yeast.
And, if all else fails, check your favorite local sandwich shop to see if they’ll whip something up for your party real quick. I know my local go-to is Joe Fassi’s which, if you’re a reader from St. Louis, means the freshest, most scrumptious ingredients around!
Have you ever thrown a last minute party? How did you get through it? Share your survival story below!